Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Favorite Movie Mani Challenge

Hi Everyone!

The Advanced Nail Stamping Group is playing the Tag! You're It! game again and my friend Mona tagged with either based on my favorite book series or movie.  While I am an avid reader I decided to go with favorite movie this time. I have a few movies I just love and will gladly watch over and over and over again and The Man From Snowy River is definitely that movie.  I saw it the year it came out 1982. I took my cousin Debbie because her boyfriend had just left for the Marine Corps and she was really sad.  We both loved the movie and after seeing it I really started my love affair with all things Australian.  Lots of good memories for me around this movie.  My cousin Debbie married that MARINE John and they have 2 great kids and she's even a grandmother now eeep!  Maybe I should call her and see if she wants to do a movie night!

Here's the cover from the movie you can buy on Amazon
Here's what I came up with 
I did a sharpie background and wished I had done more orange than yellow but I'm still pleased with how it turned out
Thumb looks a bit washed out though LOL

This was not an easy manicure.  I had to remove parts and add parts to images I had.  My lady had no long dress I had to put one on.  My cowboy had a cowgirl connected to him and I had to remove her and then add his arm.  My horse is actually smaller than the other images so I tried to add more mane and tail to make it look a little more even.  I guess that's the best thing about these challenges, they make you step outside the box

Here's a side by side shot of both 

Did anyone of see this movie???  I just loved it!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are soo talented! This manicure is awesome. I can't really remember that I have seen that movie. Maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete