Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

But mom all the cool kids are doing it!

Hi Everyone!  Hope you are all having a great day.  Nice and sunny out here today and we are officially in the mid  60's! Woot! So a really lovely Spring day out here today.

We had another quick flash challenge in the Advanced Nail Stamping Group and this time it was either double stamping or double processed stamping.  Double Processed stamping is one of those weird things where I'm just not sure why we are actually trying such a thing.  It's basically getting an image within an image.  There are a few videos on it out there on Youtube.  I actually checked out the videos by both Nailstamp4fun and Opal Hazlett.  Both of them of have some great videos on the process.  I didn't find it hard to do at all but I used Mundo de Unas polishes and because they dry a little slower they might really be the key in getting this look to work.

So I wasn't too original in my design I basically did polka dots within roses. Yes I could have just as easily dotted after stamping my roses but I didn't have to with this technique.  I decided to pair these double processed accent nails I did with my new 6 Harts Polish Swim Through The Deep Skies.  While it isn't anything super great to write home about, this is a really cute mani!
6 Harts Swim Through The Deep Skies is a really lovely blue
Don't you just love that logo??!!!
Really a lovely color for both Spring and Summer
My accent nails are  China Glaze Secret Periwinkle stamped with Mundo de Unas Navy.  To get my double processed look I chose Uber Chic 1-03 for my polka dots and MoYou Pro 07 plate.
It's definitely cute.  It was definitely easier than stamping little tiny dots inside of the roses but I'm still not sure what the real purpose of this process is
What I did find is that it seems best to use a larger blank type image with something really small.  I did want to try to do neon leopard print inside of roses but I haven't tried it yet.  When I do you'll be the first to know!

What do you think of this look?  Have you tried double processed stamping?  Do you think it's awesome or just ho hum?

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

1 comment: