Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Digit-al Dozen Does It Again--Music

Hi Everyone!!! Happy Hump Day!  Hooray for short weeks!  I'm pretty excited for the weekend as Sunday brings the first game of Packer football!  We have some beautiful weather, nice in the low 70's with the sun shining I think it's going to be a lovely fall.

Today's theme in our Digit-al Dozen Does It Again is Music.  I'm pretty much all over the place with music--I love Elvis, hard rock, alternative rock, 80's music, Cher, Melissa Etheridge, Boy Bands, Classical, Opera, Josh Groban, Clay Aiken, Contemporary Christian and Opera.  Missing from my list are today's Pop music, Jazz, Country and Rap.  If I had my choice of only one of the ones on my list to listen to over and over again for the rest of my life I would pick Elvis hands down!

I first fell in love with him at the tender age of 7.  My sister, Lisa, and I were watching Girl Happy and watching him swivel his hips while singing to Shelley Fabares as she lay on a lounge chair just did me in.  That was 43 years ago and I still think he's the greatest singer and the most handsome man I've ever seen.  It's pretty safe to say this late in the game I'm never, ever going to find anyone to replace him!

My mani today is all about The King!
I'm starting it off with his gold lame suit!!
Next up Soflajo's Black Dagger is perfect black matte for his 1968 Comeback Special!


I'm wearing Red Dog Designs Elvis Has Left The Building on my middle finger for his 1972 Aloha From Hawaii Special

And we can't forget about those blue suede shoes on my ring finger!!


Something simple but to me it says it all!
No one will ever replace the King of Rock n Roll!

Check out what everyone else came up with for music!



Have you entered the Spectacular September Giveaway yet???!!!
Read all about it HERE

16 comments:

  1. A great pick and a bautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!!! It's Pure Ice French Kiss with a matte top coat!! Easy Peasy!

      Delete
  3. Long live the King!

    I like that you included the inspiration pix for each of the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, This is Daisy from Born Pretty Store , I had visited your blog, and it’s really awesome! We are a Nail Art retailer specialized in all kinds of latest nail art items and cosmetics. We would like to send you some free products to test : ) Are you interested in reviewing them for us?If you are interested in reviewing our products, please feel free to contact me. bornprettyblog(at)gmail(dot)com : )Look forward to your reply. Thank you & best regards Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous nails, he was the king and you are the queen hahaha, By the way, i have an international giveaway on my blog. Please join. http://tieshafashion.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/international-giveaway-sorteo.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have pretty much hit the nail blue too!

    http://tuttiigiornidelconsiglidiunadonna.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you love Elvis! This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nail art of Elvis makes me move the pelvis LOL, btw this is a gorgeous nail art!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesomest Elvis skittles ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. best elvis skittles! the blue matte is perfection

    ReplyDelete