Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank You to all who serve!

Hi Everyone!  Today in the US we are celebrating Veteran's Day.  This is a day we set aside to honor all those who have and who are currently serving in the Armed Forces.  This is a big deal to me.  We are only a free country because of these men and women.  No matter your feelings on the current election the men and women who serve our country deserve our utmost respect and thanks.  I have 2 uncles who were in the Army and served during Vietnam.  It was my father's dream to be an embassy guard however he couldn't do the "duck walk" back in the day and he wasn't able to join any of the armed forces.  It bothered him tremendously.  Today you don't even have to do the duck walk to get in LOL!  

Today I did a sort of non traditional water marble to celebrate this occasion.

Thumbie turned out a little wonky!!

So how exactly am I celebrating this day?  I'm going to see Skyfall with my mom lol!  Yes on our American Veteran's Day I'm going to be watching British James Bond kick some butt!  

It is a fantastic day weather wise here though sunny and 63 so we will be cooking out later this afternoon!

A special thanks to any of my readers who have served--I like to believe our country is only as good as the people in it, Veterans are the cream of the crop!

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment