Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Everyone! Today in the states it's Thanksgiving.  This is a holiday where we get together with family and friends and celebrate all we are thankful for.  We eat A TON of food and share fellowship with those we love.  This will be a hard day for me having to celebrate this day without my dad for the first time in my life and of course I'm always thinking of those I love who are no longer with me on this holiday, my Grandma Welch and my beautiful sister Lisa.

But even though this is a day that will have tears, this will also be a day with joy and laughter and love.  I'm thankful for the family and friends I have.  I'm thankful for the wonderful animals I have that enrich my life.  I'm thankful to have a roof over my head and a job to go to.  Sometimes we take those things for granted.

Today I did a little turkey mani because I had seen lots of my friends doing one.  I don't know though, no matter how hard I tried I just don't think this guy is too "cute" lol!  I used OPI Holiday Glow for my nails which I am kicking myself for not using earlier as I've had it a year and I used Orly's Buried Alive for my turkey and unfortunately it's one of those colors that doesn't play nice with others.  My white eyeballs turned yellow in a matter of minutes!

Oh well--gobble gobble everyone!!!

No matter where you are I hope today is a day you are thankful for the family and friends you have and the life you live.

Blessings to all of you my wonderful followers!!!!

4 comments: