Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This mani blue me away!

Hi Readers!  Day 5 for the 31 Day Challenge and up today is blue!  This is a design I've been wanting to do for awhile and I even asked the fab Sarah over at Chalkboard Nails if she could do one.  Looks like I beat her to it! Behold my mosaic tile nails!
There's only one small problem with this mani--it looks so much better from afar lol!  I stamped first using white over WetnWild Morbid and then filled in each shape with a few different blues.  Man do I not know how to color within the lines Readers!
I had to go back over some of the fine lines and I just don't know how all my friends do it and I'm talking about you Sarah, Michelle and Amber! Holy crud teeny brushes and me just do not mix!
My fab friend Amber from The Polished Momma picked up a bottle of OPI DS Sapphire at her local CVS recently and I HAD to use it with this mani!  I also used Hard Candy Sky and my fave blue OPI Swimsuit Nailed It.  With some better practice I might be able to keep it in the lines next time!

To get my mosaic tiles look I did a basecoat of WetnWild Morbid and then stamped with White using BM208.  Then I randomly filled in the shapes using either Hard Candy Sky, OPI DS Sapphire or OPI Swimsuit Nailed It.
I'd love to try this again using some green and turquoise colors.  Here's a picture of the polishes I used

What's up for tomorrow in the challenge?
Ahhhh glorious violet aka purple aka my problem color woot!

Stay tuned to see what's up my sleeve lol!

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

8 comments:

  1. You are too hard on yourself....thIs is stinking gorgeous! Definitely a must try. I can't color in the lines though either :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Haha I can't even stamp the lines straight, never mind colour them in properly! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great, I know what you mean about coloring in the lines!! Same thing happened to me today....looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome!! :D What a great idea to use the stamp as a template.. and don't rag on your mad skillz, you did an amazing job on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweetie, this is amazeballs and i don't see any problems with it!

    ReplyDelete