Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Stamping Challenge is jewels!

Hi Readers!  The theme voted on for today's Adventures In Stamping Facebook challenge is jewels.  Pretty much anything goes as long as it's jewel related.  I expect to see a lot of cool things!  I was trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to do for this challenge and my first though was an Illamasqua skittles because Baptiste, Phallic, Viridian and Scarab are all precious and semi-precious stone colors.  While in the process of thinking what I could do with that I came up with a completely different idea.  Almost all of my Sally Hansen prisms (my precious) have jewel names so what better way to celebrate Jewel day than with polishes named after jewels?????  To amp it up I decided to haul out the WetnWild Coloricon duochrome glitter polishes I used just the other day and do some gradienting with them.  Here's what I came up with for today's challenge
This is a skittle of sorts using Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal, Ruby Sapphire, and Emerald Amethyst.  On the Turquoise Opal I gradiented with Bow In My Presence which has the same turquoise to purple shift.  On the Ruby Sapphire I used Speak When Spoken To which has the same blue to red shift and for Emerald Amethyst I used Born Into Privilege which is a greeny gold.  I have to say out of all of them my favorite combination is the Emerald Amethyst and Born Into Privilege.


Of course duochromes really come to life in the shade which is why I think I love them so much!  What other polish can you wear when it looks awesome in the freaking shadows??? NONE!!!! Take that stupid holos!


The Emerald Amethyst shift is really noticeable here with the purple and green.
The light really draws out the turquoise color in Turquoise Opal


This is just a lovely skittles gradient I think.  I can't wait to try this again and use just Emerald Amethyst and Born Into Privelege and stamp over it


What do you think of this one readers? After yesterday's mani it's nice to see a lovely gradient LOL!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!
  

5 comments: