Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do Monday--Tartofraises

Hi Readers!  This is a HUGE Monkey See, Monkey Do Monday for me!  Why you ask??? Well today for the first Monday in 17 months I'm going to work!  Yes Readers I've been unemployed for about a year a half.  Today I start my new job and get to rock a cool mani!  I first saw this on Pinterest and fell in love with it before I saw who did it.  Once I went back to it's origin I had to laugh because I love almost all her stuff lol!  Tartofraises is amazing and does amazing stuff.  Check out her mani here.  She does a ton of freehand which I'm not very good at so thankfully for me I was able to recreate her look with some stamping! Woot!  Check it out!
I haven't done a french mani in . . . FOREVER! I had to buff out my yellow I don't get any air nails lol!  
I'm a little disappointed the pinkie smeared a bit but I'm living with it!
I love the light pink rhinestone accents they just look so delicate!
I really think this a delightful mani for my first day on my new job!
To get this look I did used OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie on my tips and then stamped the swirls in black using Shany SH05 how handy I just used this plate yesterday for my Mr Bee mani lol!  I went over the "seam" with black using a striping brush and let me tell you the left hand looks better than the right!


Make sure to check out my partners in crime in

Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Carrie at LeSamowen Life, Love and Nail Polish
Cristina at The Clockwise Nail Polish
Neivys at Maquiclub Girl
Ashley at Follow The Yellow Polish Road
Kristin at The Manicured Monkey
Emily at Macabre Manicures
Jennifer at Polish Crazed (aren't we all???!!!!)
Nayade at Toxic Vanity
Erin at Beauty Bumbles
Debbie of The Crumpet (our fearless leader!)
Lene at Polish Lover
Kirsten at Geeky Owl
Angi at Angelina's Nails & More
Jewli at Fanning the Fumes
Kerri at PishPosh and Polish
Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges
Joy at Okay Now Joy!
Layka at Kawaiinize Your World

Check them out here too!!!




6 comments:

  1. lovely! the french is beautiful on you :)
    Congrats on the new job! Have a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh laurie this is awesome! i love tartofraises too. :) not brave enough to try anything she does.:) congrats on the new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck, hope you have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congrats on the new job and what a pretty mani to start ut off too! I'm a new follower :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! and i'm a huge fan of hers! She was the first person I started googling nail art of before i got into it!

    ReplyDelete