Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

If your friends jumped off a bridge would you?

Hi Readers!  Did your mom ever say that to you?  "If your friends jumped off a bridge would you?"  mine did probably a zillion times and it usually had to do with fashion of some sort!  Mom I NEED these aviator tinted sunglasses even though I don't have contacts and can't see sh!t when I wear them.  Mom I NEED these suede gauchos even though they seem to stick together when I try to walk. Mom I NEED these ridiculously high heeled wedge clogs that I fell off of in front of the entire football team while walking down the hall in 10th grade.  Each time I said I needed it she would ask me why and I would say all my friends have them hence the standard "If your friends jumped off a bridge would you?"  Well it seems every blogger AND their mother is doing the kaviar aka fish egg mani so I needed to do one too!  I told my friend Rebecca I was going to call it the BALLZ mani--she wanted me to call it the Jesus BALLZ mani.  True story readers when I was a young girl growing up (and there was a 70 year age difference between us) my Grandpa Shaw was fond of saying "jesus balls on crutches" when something irritated him.  Why--I have no idea--but he did say it and through the years the family has shortened it to just Jesus Balls or as I like say as to not offend anyone JBOC.  Feel free to use the saying if you want too lol!  Awhile ago I managed to dupe both OPI DS Glamour and OPI DS Exclusive--yes I am that good (big head much, Laurie???!) While I've duped them both I haven't worn them yet!  So I decided to pull out one of them for my JB mani.  
This is my franken dupe of Exclusive I named Safe, Sane & Consensual
I'm proud of this one--it's a dead on dupe
I decided to jump on the BALLZ bandwagon so I grabbed a few.  What a nightmare it was though!  I couldn't get my wheel open because all the balls had rolled around in it and the jammed the wheel.  Most of them are in my keyboard for crying out loud!  I did manage to snag a few though!
 Here's a lovely collage I put together using Picasa!
I used nail foil glue to adhere my beads.  I didn't sprinkle them on like I've heard everyone else do.  I pressed my right index onto some beads I sprinkled on a plate and then pressed them onto my left ring finger.  They seemed to hold up okay I did lose some of them on the edges and the tips but that's the hardest place to get nail foil adhesive to work.  I loved feeling this!  I ran my thumb along it all day and I rubbed the finger across my lips lol!  I am a fan of this look and may suggest it to the girls who's mani's I'm doing from prom.


What do you think readers?  Are you on the JB mani bandwagon?


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

11 comments:

  1. Haha nope, I won't jump off the bridge! I hate the caviar look! I do love that holo though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carls don't knock it til you've tried it!!! Sort of like tofu maybe lol!

      Delete
  2. i am laughing so.hard. "jesus balls on crutches..." i will never look at a caviar mani again without thinking that..:) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin I'm glad you're laughing! I always get a little worried how people might take some things--my Grandpa Shaw was the quite the character. He told me chocolate milk came from brown cows and I believed him until I was 12!

      Delete
  3. hahaha JBOC! Love it! I am so on the JB bandwagon, I've done 2 posts of them and will probably be doing more.

    Your dupe is AMAZING! I'm so impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a nice little bundle o beads at Michael's last time i was there so I'm definitely going to be doing it again! I think green and gold for Packer games would be awesome!

      Delete
  4. Jesus Balls! I am definitely going to have work that one in some how lol. That polish is awesome, you need to make your friend Amber one lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better get in on this BALLZ mani before it's old hat Amber!!!

      Delete
  5. Love what you did with the accent finger cracking colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that holo! It's gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete