Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Where's the leprechaun??

Hi Readers!  It's March!!! Yay!  I don't know about you readers but I'm German, Scottish and Irish!!!! The triple threat--woot!  I love March because it means I can wear ALOT of green.  I have a ZILLION green polishes too I swear.  This mani is just a nice reverse glitter gradient.  I've been seeming them pop up all over on blogs and Pinterest and wanted to try my hand at one.  At first I was not hugely successful.  I tried just painting the glitter polish on and that just wasn't working so I decided to sponge it and success!
Here's the reverse gradient effect
I'm trying to take more pics of my right hand but that wonky pointer finger drives me nuts lol!  
Here's nice close up
I found by sponging I was able to get a better glitter coverage.


This mani is SUPER easy!  I did 3 coats of Sally Hansen Hard As Nail Punk Rock.  At the cuticle I sponged on LA Girl Rock Star in Live On Stage and then Icing Happy Go Lucky over that just at the cuticle and about midway up on the nail.  
Here's a pic of the polishes I used
Icing Happy Go Lucky is a lovely holo hex and emerald green hex glitter! PERFECT for St Patrick's Day!.


I hope you like green readers because I've got a lot to use until St Patrick's Day lol!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!! I am such in the mood for greens because of St Patty's Day lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I keep looking at my stash saying which green haven't I used yet lol!

      Delete
  2. I’ve featured your beautiful nail art design on my recent post “Top 20 St. Patrick’s Day Nail Art Ideas & Inspiration” here:
    http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-20-st-patricks-day-nail-art-ideas.html

    If you create any more looks like this that you think fall into this category, post links on my Facebook wall or comment on the post and I’ll add them and the links in the post! Keep up the great work!

    <3 The Sparkle Queen

    ReplyDelete