Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Liger Liger Burning Brite!

Hi Readers!  My apologies to William Blake but today's mani is so cool I had to steal a line from his poem!  I think I've mentioned before I have a super nice nail friend named Destany.  I like to call her Igor, but her name is really Destany. She's the driving force behind Confessions Of A Sarcastic Mom.  For my recent birthday she sent me some awesome nail mail!  I'm not a huge fan of pastels or light colors--I'm all about the vamp.  BUT I absolutely love and adore all things glass fleck.  Here's a pic of my bday mail from Igor--does she know me or what???
Here we have OPI Black Cherry Chutney (a lemming of mine for awhile now) Spoiled in Bite Me, a one of a kind franken made just for me, and the Serena set with Love Is A Rocket and Pros & Bronze.
I've heard about how pretty Pros & Bronze is for layering but I was blown away by how truly pretty it is.  I had the perfect idea in mind for a mani using it now let's see if I pulled it off!  I was going to need OPI Brisbanne Bronze and some tape along with it though!
Here's my tape mani so far--2 coats of Brisbanne Bronze and then two coats of Pro & Bronze taped off!
And then the stamping!
I just love how this turned out! Here's a nice closeup
I can't stop staring it!
To get this look I did a 2 coats of OPI Brisbanne Bronze.  I taped off Brisbanne Bronze so I could do 2 coats of OPI Pros & Bronze.  I did a coat of Seche Vite and then stamped with Kleancolor Black using M78.  It looks complicated but really it's not!
Here are the polishes I used
I love the "liger" image on M57 it's really versatile in my opinion.  


Just what is a liger?  Leopard and a tiger I would guess!  I don't think William Blake was thinking of a liger when he wrote this famous poem though
Tyger! Tyger! Burning bright,
in the forests of the night.
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
In what distant deeps or skies,
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?
And what shoulder, and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
what dread hand and what dread feet?
What the hammer? What the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp
Dare it's deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile, his work to see?
Did he who make the Lamb make thee?
Tyger! Tyger! Burning bright
In the forests of the night.
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

Did you have to read that poem in high school or college readers?  I read it in high school and loved it.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

    ReplyDelete