Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I say tomato you say tomahto

Hi Readers!  Today I have fantastic mani I took a lot of gruff over from my nail polish friends.  When I first did it I called it a rim job and they went ballistic.  I mean come on readers not everyone's mind is always in the gutter!  My friend Rebecca from Rebecca Likes Nails kept telling me it was an "outlined" mani.  WHATEVER!  You can call it whatever you like  readers, rimmed or outlined it's freaking gorgeous!
Look at it with flash! It's like my nails are glowing!
And of course I didn't stop there . . .
Check out this smooooooooch!!!
Here's a flash shot of it! Glowing!!!!!!
To achieve my "rimmed" mani I used WetnWild Black Creme and a base and then carefully "outlined" in reverse using Kleancolor Metallic Red.  The key is having a small frame and not a larger one.  To add some Valentine's Day flair I stamped with China Glaze Emotion and Konad Black using the lips on BM02


I love, loved, loved, LOVED this mani so much I made a matching ring!
I have a little pen pal in Illinois--Cassie.  I'm going to send this ring to her for Valentines Day.


So readers what do you think? Is this an outlined or a rimmed mani?  Are you a fan of this look or not so much?


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

7 comments:

  1. hahaha I love the controversy in this post. I'm not sure what to call it, or if I'd do it on my nails, but that's what I love about you, Laurie! You do what YOU like and aren't afraid to show it! <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it Jacki! Last night while I was in bed I thought of doing this same look with the black and Kleancolor metallic blue! So that's probably going to be on the horizon!

      Delete
  2. LOL I love this post, it's funny and informative. A pen pal is so cool, I didn't even think ppl did that anymore. Awesome. You are like, epic, or something lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karma my head got SO bigged at the epic remark!! Woot! Thanks!!!!!

      Delete
  3. That is gorgeous and only you Laurie, would come up with rimmed! lol You're a artist for sure with nails.

    ReplyDelete