Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When mani's go horribly, horribly wrong!

Hi Readers!  I'm going to show you something today that might make your skin crawl!  The weak of stomach need to turn away.  This is a post on (yes you guessed it) when mani's attack!!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEE look away!
Ok since you're still with me I guess I need to show you that not every mani is a success!  This thing started out right I mean how could it not with the glorious DS Glamour!  Here it is on it's own
I mean what's not to love??? It's a blurple holo!
Well I couldn't leave well enough alone because I just can't have a "plain" polish only mani so I decided to stamp on it.  I had a great idea for it too--I wanted to try something I did with a different holo almost a year ago.  This is what it turned out like
OMG readers did that make you nearly lose your lunch???? If so I apologize!
Here's the mani I was trying to mimic
Wow that's a blast from the past as it's probably the 5th time I stamped lol But it's SO much cuter!


UG!


Back to the drawing board.  I decided not to cover up so much of the beauty of Glamour and went for a simple silver sweep at the bottom corner
Much better!  Here's a nice side by side comparison just so we can see how things can and do go horribly wrong sometimes!
I haven't been stamping for a year yet but darn close and this is by far one of the worst mani's ever!  I'm glad I was able to save it.


For the mani fail I used Whirl Wind White then stamped using BM21.  I went back over some of the image with Kleancolor Metallic Blue using the heart flower from BM03.  For the mani save I used Sally Hansen Silver Chrome pen and stamped using BM05


Has this ever happened to you readers?  Were you able to save your mani or did you have to chalk it and start over?

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing when manis go wrong! :D It's good to see that there are mistakes and really nobody is perfect.We all screw our nails up one time or another.

    Love the save!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy Ann I vowed to myself when I first started my blog that all manis would be posted the good the bad and the way bad lol. I'm not sure where this one fits in yet it's bad but it's still early in my blog career so it might not be way bad!

      Delete
  2. Here's a trick. If you top your base color with Seche Vite top coat. Wait about half hour-hour and then stamp and mess up? You can remove the stamp with a swipe of NON acetone remover and not mess up the base color-Works every time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers I also top coat with Seche Vite before stamping lol! Great minds think alike! I think what I didn't like the most about this first one were the blue flowers they just looked awful!

      Delete
  3. PS this really isnt that bad-I rather like it!! They are both nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - i love you! i do prefer your 2nd attempt xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truer words have not been spoken!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second try is definitely much better. I've had plenty of failures. Sometimes I post them, sometimes I can't bring myself to show anyone.

    ReplyDelete