Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A page out of Cupcakes book!

Hi Readers!  The first blogger I ever followed was Rebecca over at Rebecca Likes Nails.  She makes a FANTASTIC franken called Rebecca Likes Cupcakes so one of her nicknames is Cupcakes!  I'm sure you all know her, but just in case you don't you can visit her here.  I think Rebecca is the queen of the gradient nails and try as I might I just never was as good at it as she is.  My friend Claudia did a way cool mani the other day using her favorite purples and then she holo'd the tips!  I hope you can see her cool mani from pinterest here.  My friend Rhonni is what I like to call a polish ninja--if you're looking for something she can find it for you! She's doing an awesome giveaway right now on her blog for the Clarins dupe--visit her here. Getting back to Rhonni's ninja ability I'll tell you I had been looking for China Glaze's On Your Knees for what seemed like forever and one day completely out of the blue and by surprise it arrived on my doorstop courtesy of the polish ninja!  I'm not sure if you've figured this out yet but I love dark colors on my nails!  Spring and Summer basically kill me readers!  On Your Knees is a gorgeous deep burgundy shimmer.  A few weeks later another incredible China Glaze wound up on my door step, once again, courtesy of the polish ninja!  This time is was the glowing red Long Kiss.  I really wanted to use these two together and after I saw Claudia's purple gradient with holo tips I decided to try it with these polishes.  I did 2 coats of On Your Knees First then sponged Long Kiss on from middle of nail to tip then to bling it out with holo goodness I did a kiss of OPI DS Signature on the tips.  BAM gorgeousness at it's finest.  I fell in love with this mani--FELL IN LOVE WITH IT READERS!  Therefore absolutely no stamping on this one!


Here it is under the kitchen light (hence the frig in the background lol)
Still in the kitchen but directly under the light
Isn't this beautiful????
Here is shot with the low light of the hallway lamp I feel like you can really see the subtle stamping of Long Kiss over On Your Knees here
To me this pic shows their true colors best
Here's a close up with flash
It's so rare for me to love a mani enough to go without stamping on it but that's exactly what I did with this one.  Rebecca gave it her stamp of approval too, which made me very happy!
Here is a picture of On Your Knees and Long Kiss--On Your Knees is well loved, I really hope to get full bottle of it someday I love it that much
On Your Knees is on the left and Long Kiss on the right.


Have you done gradients before readers?  How do you think you are at doing them?  I think I'm getting better!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

5 comments: